Amazon Wildlife Kayak Exploration, 5 Days
Nestled deep in the Amazon rainforest, on a 100,000-acre wildlife sanctuary, Calluacocha Lake hosts more than 500 bird species, 1,000 butterfly species, and 13 different species of monkeys, soaring, flitting, and swinging through the 1,500 species of trees that make up this part of the jungle.
As you hike and kayak around Calluacocha and Pañacocha Lakes, you will certainly run into wildlife such as caimans, jaguars, otters, manatees, the rare pink river dolphin, and so many more vibrant Amazonian critters.
The lakefront lodge where you’ll stay provides an excellent home-base for your daily excursions, and offers you a chance to visit a close-by indigenous Kichwa community.
Most importantly, by taking this trip, you contribute to an economically and environmentally safe and sustainable tourism program with minimal impact to this fragile ecosystem.
*Rates apply for groups of 5 passengers or more. Rates are subject to change
- Kayak in two distinct wildlife reserves.
- Track the endangered pink river dolphin.
- Witness hundreds of different diurnal and nocturnal bird species.
- Climb a 100-foot observation tower overlooking the Amazonian canopy.
- View caimans up-close.
- Hike through a primary forest.
- Visit a local Kichwa family and learn their way of life and traditions.
- Stop by a parrot clay lick, dominated by parrots from four different species.
DAY 1: Transfer to Coca and kayak the Challuayaku River.
DAY 2: Kayak in Challuacocha Lake and climb the observation tower for a marvelous tree-top view.
DAY 3: Kayak in Panacocha Lake.
DAY 4: Jungle exploration hike and Kichwa community visit.
DAY 5: Parrot clay lick visit and return to Quito.
GALAPAGOS KAYAK EXPEDITION