Train of Wonders, 4 Days
Activities: Walking, community interaction, foodie experience.
Travel with us on a magical train journey through amazing, breathtaking landscapes! This four day adventure takes you from the high Andes mountain range down to the Pacific coast. You´ll travel and discover impressive climatic transitions from fertile green valleys, yellow dry forests, magnificent paramos and, of course, magnificent historical haciendas.
Travel by train wagon, and traverse the “Avenue of Volcanoes”. Spot endemic species of wildlife and flora, indigenous cultures, archaeological and historical ruins and remains. The landscape changes as the steam engine whistles its way down towards the Pacific. Enjoy the view while you travel by train passing rice, banana, cocoa, pineapple and sugarcane plantations before reaching the last station of this dream trip.
- Bargain for beautiful hand made crafts, ponchos, and tapestries at Ecuador’s famous Otavalo market.
- Learn the Northern Andes and Otavalo people´s history from your guide.
- Hold on for a thrilling train ride at the Devil´s nose!
- Hike the foothills of Cotopaxi, the highest active volcano in the world.
- Visit Baltasar, the last ice-harvester in the Chimborazo slopes.
- Check the colors and flavors of Guamote, one of the very last Andean indigenous markets.
- Delight your senses with a delicious cocoa and chocolate tasting.
Quito – Guayaquil | 4 days/3 nights | Tuesday to Friday
DAY 1: Visit the great Otavalo Market – Steam locomotive across the northern valleys.
DAY 2: Journey by train across the Avenue of the Volcanoes: Quito – Boliche – Ambato – Urbina.
DAY 3: Devil´s nose crossing Riobamba – Alausi – Bucay.
DAY 4: Coastal Hacienda ride Bucay – Guayaquil.
AMAZON WILDIFE LODGE
GALAPAGOS WILDLIFE EXPLORATION