Galapagos Essential Journey, 8 Days
Activities: Walking, snorkeling, birdwatching, swimming, wildlife observation, community interaction, and foodie experience.
This three-island journey takes you on a natural history voyage of evolution and wildlife exploration following Darwin´s footsteps. Walk active volcano trails, snorkel waters vibrant with color and movement, experience Galapagos through it´s fresh, delicious food and distinctive local communities. Relax at our waterfront properties and lounge on sandy beaches next to sea lions and marine iguanas.
This trip is ideal for families and leisure travelers!
*Rates apply for groups of 4 passengers or more. Rates are subject to change
Click here to learn about the most compelling reasons to choose a Galapagos land-based tour.
- Visit “El Junco”, one of the only freshwater lakes in Galapagos.
- Walk among giant tortoises in their natural habitat.
- Visit exotic organic fruit trails alongside the local farmers.
- Enjoy delicious coffee tasting from an award-winning bean.
- Walk trails of panoramic views and observe a large marine bird sanctuary.
- Snorkel with sea lions, sea turtles, marine iguanas and tropical fish.
- Visit the Giant Tortoise Breeding Center where you’ll find hatchlings and older breeding species endemic to Isabela.
- Walk on an interpretation trail to the Wall of Tears, a former prison colony.
- Walk and snorkel in Tintoreras, a wonderful marine sanctuary.
- Relax on pristine white-sand beaches.
- Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station and learn about the conservation efforts to protect the Giant Tortoises of the Galapagos.
- Visit a chocolate factory and local art galleries.
- Walk the Santa Cruz highlands and enjoy lunch at a local ranch.
DAY 1: Learn about natural and human history. Snorkel with sea turtles and sea lions.
DAY 2: Community and Wildlife: Visit one of the only freshwater lakes in Galapagos, a local farm with exotic fruit crops, taste award-winning coffee.
DAY 3: Visit Tintoreras islet and an ex-prison colony surrounded by pristine beaches.
DAY 4: Enjoy a visit to Isabela´s highlands, learn about organic farming and enjoy amazing birdwatching
DAY 5: Discover a Giant Tortoises Breeding Center, flamingos and a great snorkel
DAY 6: Visit Santa Cruz´s Tortuga Bay beach and visit the town´s local workshops.
DAY 7: Foodie experiences. Walk with giant tortoises and learn about farming in the highlands.
DAY 8: Transfer out to Itabaca Channel.