ISABELA ISLAND – GALAPAGOS
Isabela is the largest and the only Galapagos Island that intersects the equator. Geologically young, forming only about a million years ago with the merging of six volcanos (five of which are still active today), it is one of the most volcanically active places on the planet. It is also home to the only penguin that lives north of the equator.
What to do:
- Explore the white sand beach that stretches along the coastline and passes by lagoons and wetlands for wildlife viewing.
- Hike the Sierra Negra the second largest crater in the world.
- See the Galapagos’ namesake at the Giant Tortoise Breeding Station.
- Snorkel at Tintoreras, home to penguins, boobies, pelicans and white-tipped sharks.
- Visit a former penal colony, where a “Wall of Tears” serves as a haunting reminder of the prisoners who built it in the hot equatorial sun.
- Explore unique lava bridges and tunnels, home to amazing wildlife.
- Kayak in the bay to witness rich bird and marine life.
- Mountain bike across various terrains as you pass by mangrove colonies, white and beaches and lagoons.
ISABELA ISLAND ESSENTIAL TOURS
ISABELA ESSENTIAL JOURNEY
3 or 4 DAYS