Galapagos Community Experience, 7 Days
The Galapagos Islands are one of the most vibrant biodiversity sanctuaries in the world. This journey invites you meet the people who call these islands ‘home’. Community tourism is an alternative way to support local economies and encourage rural residents and artisans to share their ways of life with eager travelers.
This trip is a perfect way to experience the natural beauty of the islands in the most authentic, engaging, and sustainable way. You will meet farmers and artisans to learn their stories, while helping promote their development in the Galapagos business community and economy.
*Rates apply for groups of 4 passengers or more. Rates are subject to change
- Hike and snorkel through the various Galapagos ecosystems.
- Enjoy fresh coffee and homemade snacks at Hacienda Tranquila.
- Visit Galapagos residents and learn about their daily lives as native islanders.
- Engage in the local economy by supporting the growing local island enterprises.
- Learn about the role fishing has played in the development of Galapagos culture.
- Meet local Galapagos islanders, including a fisherman who will show you the art of responsible fishing.
- Delight in local cuisine and home-cooked fresh fish.
Day 1: Walk to Frigate Hill, visit the Interpretation Center and snorkel at Punta Carola.
Day 2: Walk to La Esperanza Hill an visit Hacienda Tranquila.
Day 3: Snorkel the northern coast of San Cristobal.
Day 4: Explore Tintoreras and walk to the Wall of Tears.
Day 5: Experience artisanal fishing with a local fisherman.
Day 6: Walk to the highlands of Santa Cruz and visit the Charles Darwin Research Center.
Day 7: Explore local artisan shops and chocolate. Transfer out.