SAN CRISTOBAL ISLAND – GALAPAGOS
San Cristobal Island is geologically the first of the Galapagos to be formed and is the first island that Charles Darwin set foot on, back in 1835. San Cristobal was home to the first permanent settlers, mainly due to “El Junco Lagoon,” which was the first source of fresh water discovered in the islands. Best known for its large population of sea lions that coexist with the local residents, San Cristrobal has walking access to several nearby beaches and bays, all filled with birds, marine life, tropical forests, and great sunset views
What to do:
- Relax at The Lobería Beach a scenic sea lion-laden beach.
- Sunbathe in Playa Mann, the closest beach to Puerto Baquerizo where you can enjoy the beautiful scenery.
- Hike Cerro Tijeretas a beautiful viewpoint named after the frigate bird, it is also a convenient place to swim with sea lions and sea turtles.
- Visit Kicker Rock a world renown site for snorkeling and diving. Amazing area for spotting sharks, rays and a great variety of tropical fish, you’ll be amazed in this natural aquarium.
- See the Galapagos’ namesake at the Giant Tortoise Breeding Station.
- Kayak in the bay to witness rich bird and marine life.
- Mountain bike across various terrains as you pass by mangrove colonies, white sand beaches and lagoons.
SAN CRISTOBAL ESSENTIAL TOURS
SAN CRISTOBAL ESSENTIAL JOURNEY
2 or 3 DAYS