SUSTAINABILITY AND COMMUNITY INVESTMENT
We feel it’s a privilege to visit these beautiful places and so to make a positive difference there. We are committed to the preservation of our fragile and unique ecosystems along with the wellbeing of their people. This includes a leave-no-trace policy and a green footprint in the development of local communities.
WE ARE SUSTAINABLE:
- Our environmental practices stem from a lifetime of close contact with pristine ecosystems. Before environmental standards were deemed necessary, we surpassed industry and national standards.
- In Galapagos, we process and recycle all waste in each Island’s processing plant.
- We were the first tour operator to be certified by Rainforest Alliancein Ecuador. This certification is not yet available in Colombia, yet our sustainable policies and processes mirror those of Ecuador.
- We are certified with “Marca Q”, a local certification for sustainability and quality assurance.
- We subscribe to TAP – Travelers Against Plastic and Leave No Trace
WE INVEST IN COMMUNITIES:
- As a travel operator, the wellbeing of our planet is our most important objective. Social and environmental welfare is critical to us – not just as a business, but as passionate humans who love what this world has to offer.
- We believe in adding social value, hiring locally, using local resources, and committing 70% of all spending money on trips to local families living in fragile ecosystems, such as the Galapagos Islands.
- By traveling with us, you help us guarantee the places you visit stay beautiful and pristine for generations to come.
- We believe that community tourism is an alternative way to support local economies and encourage rural residents and artisans to share their ways of life with eager travelers – everyone who is part of our world benefits positively.